Saturday, November 22, 2008

Revising, Yet Again

I have, for the time being, tabled my middle-grade manuscript, FARVE CASTLE LETS IT GO to once again revise my young-adult story, UP NORTH: THE VACATION JOURNAL OF FINLEY S. JACOBSON. My original plan to was get FARVE in tip-top shape and begin the process of shopping it to agents. However, I was able to gain some distance from the work after not looking at it for a period of about three months and I've noticed some things that are going to need more than just a simple band-aid. So it looks like it's going to be a longer revision than originally planned.

The other issue is that Delacorte, the same folks I sent FARVE to, also runs a contest for young-adult stories and I would like to enter UP NORTH in it. The deadline to enter is December 31, so time is limited. I've revised it a couple of times already, but they were mostly surface revisions--a sentence here and there, tweaking the dialogue, adding some description--you know, all the anal, doesn't quite sound right when I reread it stuff. It has larger problems that I hope I can rectify in a month.

No comments: