Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pub Credit #2

I now officially have two publishing credits. A while back I had two poems accepted by PKA's Advocate and I've been patiently waiting for my complimentary copies to come in the mail ever since. Since they only publish six times a year, I was prepared for a long wait.

Well, part of that wait is over. The first accepted poem, "House Warming," appears in the December 08/January 09 issue. It's on page 2. It is not a paying market, but I did get two free copies and it does count as a credit. Plus, since they only buy first rights, I can still sell the poem to another publication. I've got about 10 poems out on submission right now, but when I hear back I'll probably send the poem to some of the bigger markets.

The bad news is that I'm running out of things to look forward to. PKA has one more poem which they could publish as early as February, but after that nothing is awaiting publication. Here's hoping something that's making the rounds gets accepted.

No comments: