Thursday, August 26, 2010

I'm Still Alive

I have two somewhat flimsy excuses to explain my absence from the blogosphere.

1. I've been on vacation. I don't mean, like, summer vacation, because duh. I mean I was in a car and traveled first to Traverse City and then to Wisconsin. I won't entertain you with the details. I realize this excuse kind of sucks because both places I stayed had better Internet access than I have at home. Nevertheless, it's not cool to go off and blog while on vacation. That, my friends, is dorky.

2. School is starting. I've been in my classroom on three occasions and I sat in on job interviews for an entire day. We've got a new math program that I've yet to sink my teeth into and I have to teach a couple of subjects that I haven't taught in a few years. This excuse is also poor because I haven't actually done any teeth sinking and I haven't looked much at the content expectations for the subjects I haven't taught. But I feel a little guilty blogging when I know I should be doing responsible things and so I haven't. This is the same reason I didn't read much in college. I just couldn't justify reading Stephen King when I'd already decided to neglect 100 pages of assigned text.

Apologies for not commenting on any of my faithful readers' blogs. It would be political of me to assure you that I have been reading them, really I have, but it would not be the truth. Haven't read a blog in weeks. I trust, though, that you're posting more frequently than I and that you haven't let the quality slide. So keep it up, everybody!

Oh, and this has nothing to do with anything, but a while back The Wife was reading off things other people had said on Facebook and my favorite, in response to this story, was "Way to go, Jesus!"

I have taken to saying this just because I think it's hilarious.

So, fellow bloggers, Way to go, Jesus!

7 comments:

Ray Veen said...

I haven't blogged any more than once a month for like a year now. But one thing I would never neglect is checking Murphblog. You know dat's right.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've been on the lam myself.

Jonathon Arntson said...

Chicago math is the devil, Traverse City is Michigan's second best city, and the drive around Lake Mich is one of a kind.

Shaun Hutchinson said...

Way to go, Jesus, indeed!

Anita said...

Glad to know you're alive. Hope you're kicking booty on the book. Wondering if you're sitting on the sopha (that's my word verification).

Tina Laurel Lee said...

Glad to hear it.

Benjamin Thomas said...

Glad to have you back teaching the country's young and innocent...well, maybe not so innocent.