Three new followers!
As is customary (well, ever since this happened), I'd like to officially welcome the fine people who have decided to follow the blog. Just so you know, I don't fault you for being a little late to the party. As my Uncle Quentin always says, "Better late than never." (Of course, he's also fond of "A day late and a dollar short." Uncle Q is big on idioms. Or, he would be, if, you know, he existed.)
So welcome, Gretchen and Bryan, Chuck, and Amber!
Here's a little primer to get you caught up:
- There was, in the very recent past, a heated debate about chocolate milk. It ended in a tie, but I don't see any reason why recent followers should not be able to vote, especially since it appears the V.P. is not going to weigh in.
- In my writing life, I'm currently working on revisions requested by an agent for my middle grade manuscript. The clock is ticking. I am to send him the revised work no later than April 19.
- I have a fascination with parentheses that causes me to overuse them to the point of reader distraction. (Deal with it.)
- You should purchase and read Sophomore Undercover by Ben Esch.
- I love grape Kool-Aid and so should everyone else.
- This is an award-winning blog.
- I don't do book reviews unless the book was written by someone who follows this blog.
- I believe in transparency, but have been known to lie in order to make a blog post more interesting. (The microwave was never malfunctioning or broken, folks.)
- I think it's high time for another contest, so stay tuned.