Monday, March 30, 2009

Welcome, New Followers

The economy may be tanking, the government may be mortgaging my child's future, and the Vice President may be too busy to answer a simple question, but times they are a booming here at Murphblog.

Three new followers!

As is customary (well, ever since this happened), I'd like to officially welcome the fine people who have decided to follow the blog. Just so you know, I don't fault you for being a little late to the party. As my Uncle Quentin always says, "Better late than never." (Of course, he's also fond of "A day late and a dollar short." Uncle Q is big on idioms. Or, he would be, if, you know, he existed.)

So welcome, Gretchen and Bryan, Chuck, and Amber!

Here's a little primer to get you caught up:

  • There was, in the very recent past, a heated debate about chocolate milk. It ended in a tie, but I don't see any reason why recent followers should not be able to vote, especially since it appears the V.P. is not going to weigh in.
  • In my writing life, I'm currently working on revisions requested by an agent for my middle grade manuscript. The clock is ticking. I am to send him the revised work no later than April 19.
  • I have a fascination with parentheses that causes me to overuse them to the point of reader distraction. (Deal with it.)
  • You should purchase and read Sophomore Undercover by Ben Esch.
  • I love grape Kool-Aid and so should everyone else.
  • This is an award-winning blog.
  • I don't do book reviews unless the book was written by someone who follows this blog.
  • I believe in transparency, but have been known to lie in order to make a blog post more interesting. (The microwave was never malfunctioning or broken, folks.)
  • I think it's high time for another contest, so stay tuned.
That about covers it. If you want to know more, feel free to read the old posts. They're way down at the bottom on the right -----------> (Uncle Quentin: "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.")

4 comments:

Monica said...

good precis of the preceding events. I'm sure your new followers will find that helpful.

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

I'm joining the CEO of this prestigious blog and welcoming all the "newbies." I think you'll find this is a great place to hang out with the beautiful people.;-)

Anita said...

I didn't know we were having a party here! Next time I come back, I'll wear something other than pajamas.

I'm bummed the vice-pres still hasn't written.

Amber Lough said...

I've been out of the loop lately and just got back---thanks for welcoming me! (Wow. I've never been welcomed on a blog before. I feel special.)