Today, however, I am going to provide you with an inside look into my writing process. I'm at the tail end of the process now and when I get to this stage I like to make lists. I revise in myriad ways, but when I feel a novel is close to being done, I read the entire thing through and make lists of things I need to edit. Then I do that all over again. And again. And again. Until finally, my lists start to shrink and I'm left with fairly minor things that I just didn't bother with earlier on. So here is my list for today:
THINGS TO CHECK ON THE GOOGLE
- Kindergartener or Kindergartner? (I know, you'd think a teacher would know this.)
- breath holding contest--hyphen or not?
- Is "Styrofoam" capitalized? (I think it's a brand name, so yes, but better double-check.)
- onto/on to (You would not believe the problems I've had with this.)
- Gym--"gym class" is not capitalized, but what if you say, "After gym, I went to lunch." Capitalize it then?
- two and a half--hyphens? If so, where?
- Research humidity in Wisconsin
- Fon du lac--spelling?