Monday, April 20, 2009

We Have a Winner!

Congratulations to Kelly, the winner of the Find a 20th Follower and Receive a Free Book Contest. (F2FRFBC, for short.) Kelly, because of your fine recruiting powers, you will now be the beneficiary of an awesome prize. First, you'll need to choose among the three books offered in the previous post. (I'm pretty sure my bro won't mind if you want Mr. T.) Second, third, and fourth, I'm throwing in other fabulous prizes that will be a total surprise. I'm doing this for one simple reason: Anita made fun of the prizes and I want her to feel bad about not participating. Also, I hope it really bothers her not knowing what the additional prizes are.

Welcome to Murphblog, slhastings. You are the 20th follower. Unfortunately, Murphblog legal staff, which is severly overpaid and underworked, has informed me that I am unable to offer you a prize due to the original contract language. However, I'm sure Kelly would be willing to share one of her incredibly-spectacular-to-the-point-of-rendering-one-speechless prizes.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to winner and PMM. Although, PMM, now you have two ghostly silhouettes watching you (and your readers) from the bottom right hand corner. Yikes!

Anita said...

Actually, it DOES bother me not knowing the other prizes...I think I'm posting too much about myself on the Web...folks are starting to know what I'm made of.

Kelly Polark said...

Thank you. Thank you very much.
I think you can surprise me with the book and give Sam (SL)one, too! She is a YA writer as well if you would like to know a little more about the winner check out her blog! :)
(I have a competitive streak, and a darn good winning streak on these blog contests! I can't wait til someone has a publishing contract contest! ;)

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

I figured I'd follow you and give you an odd number again. he he.

Paul Michael Murphy said...

Curses!

Samantha said...

I think Kelly can just rip her book in half. I'll take the beginning, Kelly can take the ending.

That should work.

Paul Michael Murphy said...

In the case of Edgar Sawtelle, you might want to lobby for the second half of the book.

Kelly Polark said...

Or we could rip it into thirds and give a third to Ello for freaking Murph out!
Oh, and in reference to your comment at Amber's blog, my son was a bit freaked out by the beginning of the Graveyard Book (as was I!), but this is the boy who went to Preschool Career Day as a gravedigger. Seriously.