Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Allow Me To Redirect You

Two things:

First, Myra is running a fun little competition of sorts over at her blog and you should enter. Granted, your submission will most likely pale in comparison to my masterpiece, but you really shouldn't compare yourself to others. That's not healthy. For example, I once compared myself to a broom and the result has been nothing but ceaseless feelings of inadequacy. The broom was thinner, was able to stand without moving for a ridiculously long time, had more hair (and it was blonde, like Jesus. Or at least like that picture of Jesus my great-grandmother had on the kitchen wall), and soundly defeated me in a dirt removal competition. (Try as I might, grains of the stuff kept slipping betwixt my fingers, while the broom's minor failures were almost entirely the fault of the dustpan. I should have compared myself to the dustpan.)

Second, this video, which is amazing. If amazing meant something like ten times more than amazing.




I used "betwixt," and I googled to make sure I used it correctly. But I'm still not positive I did.

4 comments:

Debra Lynn Shelton said...

I just watched the video. Oh. My. God. Stunning, absolutely stunning. And, I don't care what anyone says, you're much better looking than a broom. ;-)

Amy Allgeyer Cook said...

The Jesus at my Grandma's house had black hair and was kind of swarthy.

Corey Schwartz said...

Ha! I try never to compare myself to household appliances.

And holy crap! That guy IS amazing!

Anita said...

I can't believe that guy's for real...will share with family...they are smarter than me.

Hah! word verification is
workshiz